Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is a specialist field within physiotherapy which looks at the comprehensive assessment and treatment of any problem affecting the soft tissues, muscles and/or joints. Musculoskeletal problems can result in various symptoms including pain, stiffness, muscle weakness and reduced joint range.
Macclesfield Physio understand that these symptoms can be debilitating on your quality of life and can restrict you from carrying out normal daily activities.
Our physiotherapists treat a wide range of musculoskeletal problems, here are just a few:
Our musculoskeletal physiotherapists are highly specialised in treating muscular, joint and soft tissue problems and promise to get you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
- Joint pain
- Ligament damage
- Neck pain/stiffness
- Acute Wry Neck Pain
- Nerve root pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Referred pain
- Rotator cuff
- Joint dislocation
- Joint instability
- Shoulder impingement
- Muscle tears
- Golfers elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Repetitive strain injury
- Sports injury
- Disc prolapse
- Facet joint pain
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy consists of a combination of treatments to ensure the best possible chance of a full recovery.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy treatment may involve:
Our physiotherapists will design your treatment plan to suit you, your lifestyle and your goals.
- Exercise therapy to improve strength, balance and co-ordination
- Massage therapy to increase speed of healing
- Biomechanical correction to improve joint alignment
- Electrotherapy to enhance tissue repair
- Postural re-training
- Acupuncture to reduce pain levels
Benefits of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
There are a number of benefits of musculoskeletal physiotherapy, the ultimate goal being return to pre-injury state.
Here are some of the potential benefits of musculoskeletal physiotherapy:
If you would like to book a musculoskeletal assessment or if would like to talk to one of our musculoskeletal physiotherapists you can e-mail email@example.com or call 01625 32 67 32.
- Increase in range of movement, joint stability and muscle strength
- Reduction or elimination in pain
- Promotion of normal movement patterns for daily function
- Return to normal activities and sports
- Restoration in confidence
↑ Back to Top